Editor & Content Creator for vr-kenting.com
It all started with a single trip. Back in 2005, when I had just come to Taiwan, my wife brought me on a trip around Taiwan. I somehow even was not impressed with this place at first. Kenting? Maybe my “city boy nature” took over me at that time. But Kenting is a place similar to what the Eagles sing about in the legendary Hotel California song – “You can check out at any time – but never leave!”
I never left, actually, even having checked out dozen times during these years.
Now, in 2022 when I am writing this – my goal is to document everything at 360° in this fantastic southern corner of Taiwan. Blog about it passionately. Enter place after place on the interactive map. I do not know where it will take me. I love doing this, and I love this place – Kenting.
The photo on the right was taken at Chateau Beach Resort in late 2021.
About this page
- Almost everything in 360° on this resource is made by Insta360 Pro 2 camera. Buggy sometimes – yes, quality of videos and images? You judge. I like it.
- I also use the InstaPro Sumo stand tripod along with the camera.
- All 2d photos are made on my iPhone.
Article data sources
- All the data used in my blog posts and articles are verified twice – if I refer to sources, I do my best to make sure the data is correct and credible.
- Interactive Kenting Map works on OpenStreetMap – thank you OpenStreetMap team, for offering this for free!
- Feel free to email me if you see some mistakes or want to contribute anything at [email protected]
Credibility of Reviews of Places
- None of the hotel, homestay, or B&B mentioned on my site have compensated in any way for publishing a review – all my reviews are honest and reflect personal experience in these places
- I chose places to stay completely random, usually adding more areas in Kenting that I had not visited before.
- If you want to contribute to the resource, let’s discuss; email me at any time you wish.